HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE
- Biblical Principle #1; According to the Bible, there is only one
way to get to heaven and that is through faith in Jesus Christ. There is also
only one way to get to hell: To die having never believed on the Lord Jesus Christ
for the forgiveness of your sins.
- - Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father, but by me." John 14:6.
- - Whoever believes in the Son (Jesus) has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son (Jesus) will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. John 3:36.
- - "Nothing impure will ever enter it (heaven), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelations 21:27.
- - "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15
Biblical Principle #2: God will accept
no person into heaven based on that person's good works. God's acceptance
of a person into heaven is not based man's goodness but on God's grace
through man's faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin (Sin is disobeying God's law.).
- - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9.
- - ". . . know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ." Galatians 2:16.
- - "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin." Romans 3:20.
- - "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law." Romans 3:28.
Biblical Principle #3: God is holy.
He is a God of justice. Therefore, all of your sin and evil
(whether great or small) must have its due penalty.
- - "I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy." Leviticus 11:44.
- - "For the LORD is a God of justice." Isaiah 30:18.
- - "God presented him (Jesus) as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—" Romans 3:25.
Biblical Principle #4: The due penalty and
punishment for sin is death and eternal separation from God.
- - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23.
Biblical Principle #5: Every person has
inherited the sin nature from Adam and Eve. That sin nature results in each
person violating God's laws, including the ten commandments given by God to
Moses on Mount Sinai. Therefore, each person's due penalty is death and
eternal separation from God.
- - "There is no one righteous, not even one;" Romans 3:10.
- - "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23.
- - "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; . . .." Isaiah 53:6,
- - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked." Jeremiah 17:9.
- - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isaiah 64:6
- - "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." Matthew 25:41
Biblical Principle #6: God sent His one
and only Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer a sacrificial death for all sinners and to
rise again to conquer death. The death of Jesus serves as full and complete
payment for every sin (regardless of number or degree) of every person who
confesses faith in Christ.
- - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in him (Jesus) shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16.
- - "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
- - "For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit." Romans 8:3-4.
Biblical Principle #7: To enter heaven, you
must a) repent (turn away) from your sin, b) believe Jesus is the Son of God and that
He rose from death to life on the third day after He was crucified, c) ask God for
forgiveness through Jesus Christ and d) accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- - Repentance: "I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." Luke 13:3.
- - Believe in Christ: "He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.'" Acts 16:30-31.
- - "That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
- - "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13.
- - ". . . that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, . . .." 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
- - "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ. When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what shall we do?' Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'" Acts 2:36-38.
Here's a Suggested Prayer:
- "Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life."
If you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please let us know. We want to rejoice in what God has done in your life and help you to grow spiritually.